It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:25 am

Iso-Tech 440 Scope.

Iso-Tech 440 Scope.

Post by malcscott » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi, i have just picked up a nice Iso-Tech 440 scope. It is very clean and has nice bright traces.
Has anyone heard of these scopes? Cheers, Malc.

Re: Iso-Tech 440 Scope.

Post by Katie Bush » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:53 pm

Malc Scott wrote:Hi, i have just picked up a nice Iso-Tech 440 scope. It is very clean and has nice bright traces.
Has anyone heard of these scopes? Cheers, Malc.

Hi Malc,

Do you mean Iso-Tech as brand, or the "440" as a specific scope?

I have an Iso-Tech, though it doesn't get out much, and off the top of my head, I couldn't recall exactly which model.. Iso-Tech are, or were, one of the brand names marketed by RS Components, so should be a decent instrument.

I bought mine second hand, via the bay, and can only say it has a good, bright, display, even when in "Dual Trace" mode, and has a tidy presentation with clear legends and unambiguous markings.. As scopes go, it's my first 'proper' scope, but to me it seems logically designed and laid out, and when I finally get to grips with all its functions, and how to use them effectively, it shoul be an effective instrument.

Marion

Post by GlowingAnode » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:13 pm

It may well be a re-badged Hameg.

Rob.

Post by Katie Bush » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:36 pm

GlowingAnode wrote:It may well be a re-badged Hameg.

Rob.

Yep,

Mine's an RS/Isotech ISR 440, complete with three test leads and various probes, carry case and owner's manual.

Marion

Post by Rebel Rafter » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi, folks, RR here, I've been offline for a while with PC problems. I'm sorry to be a source of bad news. I have an Isotech scope, model ISR 420, I got it S/H and the very first time I tried using it the eht transformer failed and I've since found it impossible to find a replacement or any scope spares for that matter. RS didn't want to know because they didn't sell it to me and it was well out of warranty. So your scope may be great while it works but if it fails I don't know where you'll get spares. Does anyone out there know where to get any? RR.

Return to Test Equipment