It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Grille 'Cloth'

Re: Grille 'Cloth'

Post by Michael Watterson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Tesco also has similar at €6

I got a lovely selection at Mr. Price "discount store" for €2 each.

Post by valvekits » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:43 pm

I spotted similar placemats in the "Dunelm" stores recently, quite authentic I thought and reasonable price.

Eddie

Post by davegsm82 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Just recently a local second hand shop slung an old electronic organ out, a full size one with roll-up keyboard cover and pedal at the bottom. The scavengers were into it and cut out all the cables, so it was fair game and I managed to salvage the speaker cloth from the front, a big piece which I had to cut into 2 pieces and it simply peels from the wooden panel to which it is loosely glued.

Worth baring in mind if you see one of these old goliaths thrown out and beyond repair.

Also salvaged the 12" speaker and amplifier module for good measure.

Post by Mike C » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:40 pm

I think I know which shop you mean Dave. I wont comment on them if it is who I am thinking of as they have a market stall too and to put it nicely they are not nice to their customers as I have witnessed. If I see any dumped stuff I always see what can be saved like that TV badge I took off that sick looking Ferguson colourstar. Everything has a use even though in some cases an item was not designed for this in mind.

These place mats are a great example of this and if you wanted it gold coloured you could always spray paint it. This material comes in handy if you have a tear in a speaker cloth or your cat has been at the material with its claws. Our old Sanyo stereo had those cloth covered speakers and our cat loved it.

Post by davegsm82 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Mike,

The shop indeed does have an associated market stall, they've always been ok with me though.

Maybe we're thinking of different shops as I never saw any dead fergies round the side? Maybe I was too late.

Dave.

Return to Testing Procedures, Tips & Techniques