It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:17 pm

"Royal" resistors...

"Royal" resistors...

Post by Rebel Rafter » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi, folks, RR here again. How about this. I'm currently doing what I can to get my old Roband scope sorted as some of the supply rails are a bit down. So I'm changing a few old tired resistors in the valve regulated power supply, one of which was open circuit, changing that one improved it a bit. And two of the resistors I removed were a bit different to the others in that they don't have the usual colour bands and instead have the value just printed on the side along with the tolerance, 2%, I think they're half watt, about half an inch long and about 3/16 of an inch diameter with a sand coloured body, and get this, I noticed there was some kind of symbol on there too, so I got it under my big magnifier and guess what, it's a tiny royal coat of arms, complete with a crown! how about that. Has anyone else seen any of these? Resistors with royal approval? I don't know much about Roband stuff. I know it's really hard to get manuals for some of it. I think this scope might have been made for the military or the government or some kind of laboratory, it certainly seems to be high end, not a bit like the domestic stuff of the mid 60's. RR.

Re: "Royal" resistors...

Post by JohnCaswell » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi RR,
I think these are Roderstein resistors made in what was W Germany

John

Return to General Work Shop Discussion