Hi, from RR. That sounds about right. It sounds a bit like what happened to some DC coupled audio power amps that I used to fix, if the o/p stage blew up then it sent shock waves back into the smaller stages so they had to be changed as well, even if they read ok on the meter. If I left them in it soon blew up again later. There's six little TO92 transistors and a TL431 and an LM358 and a few 1N4148s and a little zener, so I suppose they could've been a bit blasted as well. One thing I disagree with on this charger is that on the back it says it can charge gel type lead acid batteries, surely these need well regulated constant voltage, not just poorly controlled raw DC that this thing supplies. I've managed to figure out that the switching device must've been an N channel mosfet, but the one that was in must've been well underrated. Sounds about right for this cheap tatty piece of junk. I'll most likely end up getting it to keep as it's most likely come from a car boot sale for a couple of quid and I don't think it's worth fitting a great big fat, (and expensive) new mosfet, especially if any of the other bits are knackered as well, which they most likely will be. And I found I didn't have to change my camera's settings, only had to retake the pic. with a darker background. RR.