It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:49 am

Leader LCT-910A calibration procedure

Valves, Transistors, IC's and Components. Bench test techniques, Test Gear - Valve Testers, Scopes, CRT Testers, Bridges, Sig Gens, Pattern Gens, Workshop tours etc

Leader LCT-910A calibration procedure

Post by Cathovisor » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:50 pm

Has anybody done this to their testers if they own one? Mine had some burnt resistors in the PSU and an electrolytic in the voltage doubler splitting its sleeve, so these have all been replaced. As a result I felt it wise to do the calibration procedure as detailed in the manual.

Firstly, I couldn't get the o/c voltage on the 10-12V heater range down to 10V so I checked it at 12V; spot on.

So far, so good.

Next, I did the emission calibration and found this was reading considerably lower than expected, so I adjusted it to read correctly. Sadly, I couldn't find my small bottle of nail varnish I use for locking adjustments in place so that's one for the pound shop next week.

Now, we come to the sticking point.

The "meter compression" adjustment says to adjust for a reading of 100 on the panel meter when 3mA is flowing. I can't actually get 3mA to flow, and the "overcurrent" light comes on before I get anywhere near it.

Thoughts?

Re: Leader LCT-910A calibration procedure

Post by Katie Bush » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi Mike,

I have an LCT-910A, but thankfully never needed to do any work on it.. Indeed, I hadn't even realised there were any calibration instruction in the manual! Unless I read, and failed to inwardly digest.

I might suggest though, "Tipp-Ex" to seal preset pots - it's easier to clean off than nail polish in the event of future need for adjustment.

Marion

Return to In The Workshop