Has anybody done this to their testers if they own one? Mine had some burnt resistors in the PSU and an electrolytic in the voltage doubler splitting its sleeve, so these have all been replaced. As a result I felt it wise to do the calibration procedure as detailed in the manual.
Firstly, I couldn't get the o/c voltage on the 10-12V heater range down to 10V so I checked it at 12V; spot on.
So far, so good.
Next, I did the emission calibration and found this was reading considerably lower than expected, so I adjusted it to read correctly. Sadly, I couldn't find my small bottle of nail varnish I use for locking adjustments in place so that's one for the pound shop next week.
Now, we come to the sticking point.
The "meter compression" adjustment says to adjust for a reading of 100 on the panel meter when 3mA is flowing. I can't actually get 3mA to flow, and the "overcurrent" light comes on before I get anywhere near it.