It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:51 am

Telequipment D66.

Valves, Transistors, IC's and Components. Bench test techniques, Test Gear - Valve Testers, Scopes, CRT Testers, Bridges, Sig Gens, Pattern Gens, Workshop tours etc

Telequipment D66.

Post by Rebel Rafter » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi, from RR. Guess what I've got, I've got my dirty mits on a Telequipment D66 from the bay. It looks like it must've belonged to a workshop or college or uni. or maybe a laboratory as it's got a catalogue number stuck on the front with good old dymo tape, remember that? far better stuff than that flimsy printing tape used today. I suppose that would be for insurance reasons or just to show which department it belonged to. Anyway I've had a look inside and it appears to be mainly intact, nothing obviously broken and it's got a slight burn to the power supply board which I'll have to investigate, I'm not powering it up until I've given it a more thorough check with a meter just in case anything's shorted anywhere. And just like typical Telequipment scopes it's got mains derived EHT just like the really old TV sets, and therefore lethal with a capital "L"! So fingers off the EHT unless it's fully discharged. Does anyone know the best place to get a manual, it looks like the place I got a D52 manual from hasn't got any. And it's got some of the front control pots on fancy sliding mounts, I've not seen that before, I hope I don't have to remove any of them. RR.

Re: Telequipment D66.

Post by CTV » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:26 am

Rebel Rafter wrote:Does anyone know the best place to get a manual, it looks like the place I got a D52 manual from hasn't got any.

If you google Telequipment D66, the manual can easily be found, here's just three for a start although they all seem to be providing the same cruddy scan.

http://jdemeure.free.fr/Fichiers/D65.pdf
http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypo ... nt/d66.pdf
https://archive.org/details/telequipment_d66

Re: Telequipment D66.

Post by Rebel Rafter » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi, folks, RR here. I've got the manual now from the Polish site, I see what you mean about the quality. I'm having trouble saving anything to a CD at the moment, according to windows it's the discs so it looks like I've bought a duff pack. It prepares the disc and then it gets so far burning it and then it fails so I'm not sure if it's the discs or my drive or a software problem. At least the long process of restoration can now possibly start provided the tube isn't cracked or anything dreadful like that...Also I've got to find out how to rotate the pages on the screen as the circuits are all turned through 90 degrees making reading them a bit of a strain unless I use up more ink printing them all out...RR.

Return to In The Workshop