Just to make life simpler for me, I have decided to build The Practical Television Argus TV receiver from June 1952 (using a VCR97). The main reason for this is that some while ago, I bought a set of blank chassis for it off ebay, together with a couple of CRTs.
The chassis are in 16SWG alloy with welded corners etc and are really well made. There are 5 chassis: 2 x RXs, 1 x Timebase, 1 x CRT supply and a PSU and each one has at least one big hole to drill.
I got on to Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... p_0_ti,and found this little alloy box with 5 sizes of cone cutter, the largest being 1 3/8". They duly arrived and I set about the chassis. The cutters are excellent (alloy, not steel) and I can't recommend them enough - excellent. The alloy tends to cloy to the cutting edge at the smaller diameters but with paraffin as a lubricant, the larger diameters cut very well. I still needed to enlarge the maximum hole size for the B9G bases I was using - 1 1/2" required.
I'll start another thread when I have made a little more progress!