It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:43 pm

The Prisoner is 50

Found a site or news article and think others would be interested? then post it here.

The Prisoner is 50

Post by CTV » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:09 am

Re: The Prisoner is 50

Post by sideband » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:50 am

Good Grief! Is it really that long? I remember the first episode being shown so I would have been 13......The good old 11U would have been in regular use then so I would have watched them all in B/W. Never understood all of them and many are still open to interpretation. I remember the re-runs a few years later when we had colour and enjoyed them all again.

Still fascinating to watch. Never get tired of any of the episodes.

Post by Pye_Man » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Saw some of the episodes the first time around on the family Philips 405 B&W - it was a bit late for my bedtime IIRC. My mother thought the stories were potty but it was that James Bond/Man from UNCLE era where we lapped up all this stuff though the message went way over my head at that time. When the re-run came around I was away at college and sans TV.

I must get a DVD set. (No spoilers please - or signal an alert!)

Watching the opening sequences (on YouTube) the relatively empty of cars London streets amaze me.

Location: North Hykeham, Lincolnshire and Ilford, Essex (but not for much longer ...!)

Post by Terrykc » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:06 pm

Pye_Man wrote:Watching the opening sequences (on YouTube) the relatively empty of cars London streets amaze me.
Probably shot on a Sunday, as many London sequences in a variety of programmes were.

In the days before Sunday trading, many parts of central London were (virtually) devoid of traffic and it wouldn't cause much inconvenience to close a few streets off.

I remember seeing an episode of, I think, The Sweeney, which had a car chase through the City, past the Baqnk of England and a cleared building site which, I realised, was the site of the 'new' Stock Exchange Tower where I had recently started working!

Return to Web Sites & Places to visit