It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:00 am

BHTG board down

Found a site or news article and think others would be interested? then post it here.

BHTG board down

Post by Panrock » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:56 pm

I am sorry that the BHTG board is currently unavailable. This is due to serious problems at the web hosting company. Unfortunately I cannot say how long this situation will last, but I hope it will not be very long.

An exciting new BHTG web site is currently in preparation, and this will be hosted elsewhere.

Stay with us! :qq1

Steve

Re: BHTG board down

Post by Katie Bush » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Panrock wrote:An exciting new BHTG web site is currently in preparation, and this will be hosted elsewhere.

Stay with us! :qq1

Steve

Hi Steve,

Do you mean....

"THERE IS A FAULT

PLEASE DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SET
" ?

Our engineers will rectify the problem as soon as possible.

Marion

Post by ntscuser » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:06 pm

Post by CTV » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:39 am

The site is back

Post by Panrock » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Folks,

I'm afraid the BHTG Discussion Board is down again as our decrepit hosting has failed once more.

A brand new site on a brand new host will replace this very soon. Please bear with us. More news will follow.

Steve

Post by Panrock » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:38 pm

The BHTG Forum has now closed. For a while you may see 'error' messages still appearing there. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank all past contributors for the part you have played. :aad

The forum will be replaced by a new web site for British Heritage Television. More details will follow in due course. Doubtless, we'll also be keeping you up to date as progress continues toward broadcasting status!

Steve

Post by CTV » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi Steve,

If it helps at all I'm more than happy to create a new forum section here at VRAT for the BHTG. It could be a temporary place for you and your crew that are members here to report or discuss at least until your new site is up and running.

Just a thought, I will not be offended if you think it unnecessary.

Regards
Chris

Post by Katie Bush » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Sorry to hear that, Steve.

Let's hope I can find you on the new site, as and when it opens.

Meanwhile, I like Chris' idea, and why not? One site is dedictated to restoring the vintage equipment, the other to getting a broadcasting system up and running.

Seems to me they could go hand-in-hand - at least for a while?

Marion

Post by Panrock » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi Trevor and Marion. Yes, that's a very kind offer Chris. I'll stay 'mum' about any response from us if I may, until Martin has had a chance to post.

Basically I/we weren't prepared to spend any more money with this particular hosting company. They seemed to be trying to force us to migrate to a more expensive package by providing an unreliable and insecure service on the old one.

That, and the fact that the site had long become little more than a notice board rather than a lively discussion forum, persuaded me at least that continuing with it wasn't worth the candle.

Anyhow, the new site that will replace the old forum is now well advanced - and is attracting the usual debate within the Committee as it progresses! We hope there will be a place there for you to make your views known too.

Cheers,

Steve

Post by Katie Bush » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Murphyv310 wrote:Hi Steve.
Indeed this is a pity. Although I have not logged in for a while I do look in on my phone while at work. Without the site it will be difficult to keep up with developments, I sincerely hope the new site is up and running soon.
Good luck and keep us all posted here.

I can "ditto" that.. Though not immensely active on the BHTG, I do (did) drop in to check on progress, and see how things were rolling on.

I also have a lot the thank the BHTG forum for.. If it were not for that forum, I would most likely never have found this one (VRAT) and indeed, it was a pointer, and a link, from a member over there - I think it might well have been Steve himself. :aad

I certainly aim to find the new forum, and if membership is open, to sign up again.

Any idea, Steve, as to when the new forum might be on-line?

Marion

Post by Martin Allen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:48 am

oldticktock wrote:If it helps at all I'm more than happy to create a new forum section here at VRAT for the BHTG.

Thanks for that kind and generous offer, Chris. We'll let you know.

As we prepare to launch the website, we are considering whether or not to have a new, slimmed-down, re-focussed forum attached to it.

Cheers,
Martin

Post by Martin Allen » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 am

We'll be launching the new website soon (sorry it's taking so long) - and this will likely have a new forum attached to it at some stage, if not straightaway.

The latest news in our progress towards broadcasting is that I contacted the MoD last week and they replied to say that our application to use spectrum within the 40.015 to 47 MHz range for System A television is still being considered and investigated by them. The application has to be circulated widely by the MoD to provide an opportunity for objections to be raised by any branch of the Forces that might have a current use - or future plans - for this spectrum, which is understandable.

Cheers,
Martin

Post by Martin Allen » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:16 pm

The new BHTV website is now up and running at www.405-line.tv

There is a new forum attached to it. It is a simple, basic forum that is chiefly restricted in scope to issues directly relating to BHTV. So it may not appear quite as user-friendly as this one (or its predecessor).
We're not expecting it to be particularly busy initially, as there is little to post about at present. But if we find success with the MoD and Ofcom regarding spectrum - and can thus go forward as a prospective broadcaster - the forum should prove increasingly useful.

Regards,
Martin

Return to Web Sites & Places to visit