It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:01 am

Museum of Communication

Found a site or news article and think others would be interested? then post it here.

Museum of Communication

Post by Alistair D » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Museum of communication in Burntisland Fife is well worth a visit. It is just about to close down for the winter but if you around any Wednesday or Saturday just ring the doorbell. There is usually members of staff in and they will quite happily show you round.

http://mocft.co.uk/

Al

Re: Museum of Communication

Post by ken » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Quite a distance away from me but I have been a number of times. I am also a member. I would recommend it to anybody. If you are a member you get a little magazine.

Regards,

Ken.

Post by GlowingAnode » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:32 pm

I spent a week with Harry Matthews helping in the museum, that was around twenty years ago though.
Glad to hear it's still going strong.
Is it still in Bo'ness, by Wm Low's?
Rob.
Edit. Just looked at the web-site, their new premises look very smart.
I had forgotten about Harry's wartime antics and his spell as a wall-of death rider. What a legend and what a gentleman, sorry to hear of his passing back in 2000.

Post by peter scott » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 pm

When I met Harry he explained that in the interwar period you didn't really need a passport to cross borders in Europe. He traveled widely without one and into Russia with his BSA three wheeler betting to win races with it (and succeeding). He was a very small made man but worked his passage on cargo ships as a stoker!

Peter

Post by Alistair D » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:35 pm

GlowingAnode wrote:I spent a week with Harry Matthews helping in the museum, that was around twenty years ago though.
Glad to hear it's still going strong.
Is it still in Bo'ness, by Wm Low's?
Rob.
Edit. Just looked at the web-site, their new premises look very smart.
I had forgotten about Harry's wartime antics and his spell as a wall-of death rider. What a legend and what a gentleman, sorry to hear of his passing back in 2000.

Around 1993 they got thrown out of their premises in Bo'ness.They are now located in the High Street in Burntisland in Fife. I was privileged to look over the 40 tonnes of stock in their stores and it is something to behold.

Al

Return to Web Sites & Places to visit