It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 pm

BBC TVC - Phase 2 On-Line Auction Sale

Found a site or news article and think others would be interested? then post it here.

Location: North Hykeham, Lincolnshire and Ilford, Essex (but not for much longer ...!)

BBC TVC - Phase 2 On-Line Auction Sale

Post by Terrykc » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:48 pm

I've just been browsing through this - http://www2.ppauctions.com/auction.php? ... h=&cat=all

Quite an eclectic collection! Microphones, Tektronix Scope Trolleys, 19" Racks, Step-less Wheel Chair Ramp, Plumbing Spares, Vacuum Cleaners, Floor Tiles, Ladders, Drills, Lathes, Bandsaw, Fork Lift Truck, Signs (various), Tape Recorders, Monitors, etc ...

So, if the local Church Hall is in need of a cheap Step-less Wheel Chair Ramp ...

I watched this lot of Hatfield Switched Attenuators Jeffrey and I have discussed these here in the past - climb from £10 to £111 in the last 10 minutes:

Hatfield_Sw_Att.jpg

However, as there are 14 of them, at less than £10 ea including commission, they are a bargain! (They were very expensive items to buy in the first place)

Apparently, there have been AVO 8s in the auction, but I couldn't find any today ...

It's not even Winter yet, but demand rose to around 50GW yesterday, with Gas and Coal going flat out as well as the French and Dutch interconnects so, with a lot of plant out of commission at the moment in addition to the the plant closed down under EU rules, black outs this winter are becoming an increasing possibility ...

Keep an eye on this: http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

However, all is not lost. If you buy this lot you could be sure of an non interrupted supply and make a healthy profit from keeping the whole street lit up from the surplus!

FG Wilson P800 800kva generator in soundproof enclosure on skids, Perkins V10 diesel engine, 1500rpm...

Re: BBC TVC - Phase 2 On-Line Auction Sale

Post by GlowingAnode » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Terrykc wrote:FG Wilson P800 800kva generator in soundproof enclosure on skids, Perkins V10 diesel engine, 1500rpm...

I think you'll find it's actually a 3000 series V12.
Perkins took over manufacture of the Rolls-Royce CV8 and CV12 range of diesel engines, now designated 3008 and 3012.
They also took over manufacture of the larger EE / GEC / Dorman SE range, now designated 4000 series.

Rob.

Post by Cathovisor » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:48 pm

You missed the Cummins-powered 1250kVA generator set out - lot 4157. A mere £16k at the moment...

Location: North Hykeham, Lincolnshire and Ilford, Essex (but not for much longer ...!)

Post by Terrykc » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:26 pm

I think I picked out the 800kVA set because I remember seeing the generator installed in the basement of the Stock Exchange Tower with the same power rating in 1970!

Much larger than the one on offer - I recall both the height and length of the diesel engine and, by comparison, the diminutive size of the generator bolted on the front!

Intended to cut in automatically to power essential services such as lifts and lighting in internal corridors, when rolling three hour power cuts started a year or so later, the electricians gradually added the load of the rest of the building - 26 storeys and 3 basements - until the entire building was running on diesel power ...!

Space had been allocated for a second generator and this was installed shortly afterwards ...

I'm amazes at how little space the generator on offer takes up! The one I saw over 40 years ago must have been over 12 feet tall!

Post by ianj » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:17 am

I'm amazed at the bids for all this old tat. Very little is of any interest, or any good.
People are bidding 30-odd quid for picture prints you can buy for a tenner in The Range etc.

Post by Refugee » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:43 am

I just looked at the winning bids on the first auction and few bargains were had.
Not worth hiring a van and bidding on some of it.

Return to Web Sites & Places to visit