It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Little Panasonic TC-800xx portables.

Pre War 240/405, Post War 405 Line, B&W Dual Standard, Colour Dual Standard, B&W S/S 625, Colour S/S 625 line, Hybrids. Standards converters & modulators, video recorders.

Little Panasonic TC-800xx portables.

Post by Rebel Rafter » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi, folks, RR here. Does anyone here know anything about the little colour portables made by Panasonic in about 1981? I have one model TC-800EU which I've recently refurbished and it now works fine apart from the old analogue varicap tuner which drifts all over the place but I'm not bothered about that as there's no analogue signal for it anymore and the set has composite input on a BNC socket, with a phono for the sound. And I've now found another one on ebay which is a model TC-800G and I've bought it and inside it looks very much the same as my other one apart from a dreadful level of corrosion and general filth, it's obviously been kept somewhere really damp for some time but I don't think it's beyond restoration. But what I would like to know is what is the difference between these models? They both have the same switchable dual intercarrier frequencies of 5.5 and 6.0 MHz and the same connections at the back, and what seems to be the same sweep tuning system and the same VHF and UHF dual band tuning and inside it looks like the same PAL colour decoder and the same dual switch-mode power supplies for 12 volt dc and 240 volt mains but I don't know for sure as I don't have the right diagrams, the only one I do have is for yet another different model TC-800TG which is PAL/SECAM. So does anyone know how many different versions there was and what the differences are? RR.

Return to Television