It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Linsar 26LED906T Remote or codes

For discussions about technology and people in technology.

Linsar 26LED906T Remote or codes

Post by ken » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:09 pm

I have been given one of these but without the remote. The TV works and I believe it was bought from a Sony Shop and so I thought it might be a Sony clone. I have a small One-for-All remote which allows on/off, volume up/down/mute and channel up/down. I tried installing the Sony codes until I found one that worked. However, I can't rescan the internal freeview etc with this. I have some other programmable remotes but the Sony codes did not work with these but more of this later. I decided to see what a replacement would cost on the net. I found the following

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=linsar+tv+remote&rmvSB=true&_sop=12&_fspt=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&clk_rvr_id=966758601118&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xlinsar+tv+remote+26led906t.TRS0&_nkw=linsar+tv+remote+26led906t&_sacat=0

I saw (at the top of the list) one at £6.65 and another at £17.95 but as you can see the images look different. So the first question is can anybody who has seen a remote fot this TV tell me which of the two looks like the correct one. I also have one of the very large remotes named "6-in-1 universal remote control" model RTN362. It uses a three digit code. So the second question is does anybody know the correct code for this remote which will match with the TV. I also have some pound shop remotes. Again if anybody knows a working code for some of these I could try that.

Regards,

Ken.

Re: Linsar 26LED906T Remote or codes

Post by Norman Raeburn » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi Ken, That set is a Vestel chassis so try a code for Vestel also ,Alba, Bush, Goodmans, Hitachi, Sanyo, Toshiba, Wharfedale. If you can't get any to work then let me know as I will have something that will operate it. All the best, Norman

Post by ken » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi Norman,
Thanks for the reply and the information. I'll give them all a try. I've also tried the remote in the mode where you press the ch+/ch- buttons and the remote cycles through all its codes. I got quite a lot of hits that would operate on/off, volume and channel but but none would operate the menu. I got fed up doing this still it could suggest that the correct code is in there somewhere. I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Ken.

Post by ken » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi Norman,
I have tried the codes for the makes you suggested but had no luck. I also tried those for Finlux,Sharp,Kendo and ITT as it was suggested on the web that these were also Vestel but again no luck. I found the Vestel code for the remote to be rc4846. I think the difference between the two remotes I mentioned in my first post is that one is supposed to be an original and the cheaper is a replacement. I have downloaded the instructions and codes for two other remotes I have so I'll try them. The TV can still be used using an external free view box and seems quite good. Elaine likes it as well.

Regards,

Ken.

Post by ken » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi again Norman,
After spending quite a bit of time with various remotes I have I have now found one which operates the TV. It's a Pound Shop special having no name or anything to identify it other than "Made in China". It does give the option to go through the codes in groups which is faster than one code at a time. I tried various groups but the first that would operate the menu was for Sharp, Sanyo and Mitsubishi. This let me rescan the set and edit the channel list but page up/down and up/down did the same which made life a bit difficult. When I tried the group for Panasonic, National and Hitachi I got one which let up/down work properly. Most of the buttons now work although not necessarily in the correct place. I have no coloured buttons and volume works the wrong way round. The only problem with this method is I don't know the actual code though there seems to be a way of finding the code that is being used based on the number of flashes of the led. I'm still tempted to try the remote at £6.65. Thanks again for your help and the offer.

Regards,

Ken.

Post by sideband » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 pm

ken wrote:Most of the buttons now work although not necessarily in the correct place.

Sounds like a familar sketch from Morcambe and Wise.......

Post by Norman Raeburn » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 pm

Hi Ken, Let me have your address again and I will post something suitable, the problem with most programmable remotes is that the menu key doesn't work. All the best, Norman

Return to Technology & People