It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Brimar valve project

For discussions about technology and people in technology.

Brimar valve project

Post by DangerMan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:09 am

I was trawling the internet this evening when I came across this rather interesting site:
http://brimaruk.com/

The link takes you to the home page where there is news they have located machinery used by Mullard to manufacture valves in Blackburn and want to bring it back to Britain.

Has anyone here seen this project?
It seems a rather good idea and, who knows, it might lead to the possibility of making CRT guns for old tubes as well... but that is rather a leap of faith and imagination from where they seem to be at.
I wish them luck with the project.

Anyone know any more?

Pete

PS.. I wasn't sure where to post this, mods please move if there's a better place for it.

Re: Brimar valve project

Post by Cathovisor » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:40 am

Hi Pete,

thought Technology and People was a better home - hope you think that's okay :)

They have been at the NVCF a couple of times now, and regularly take adverts in the BVWS Bulletin.

Post by Duke Nukem » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Indeed, here is a few photos from last year's NVCF.

TTFN,
Jon
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Post by turretslug » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:53 pm

I recall seeing them and thinking, wow, those boxes are pristine, someone's been particularly fastidious on the hoarding/storage front :ccb I didn't think for a moment that this was a new start- though I was aware that there is a "Brimar" CRT concern acquired by BAe for ongoing legacy military support- i.e. some stuff stays in service for decades and is kept going on a "you come up with the goods, we'll sign the cheque" basis.

Inevitably, the initial production will be centred on the high-return, significant demand "audiophile" types but it would be nice to think that the likes of the EM34 might one day return....

Return to Technology & People