The workshop has beckoned over the last few days so it was back to the sync chassis. I sprayed the chassis with Plasticote Matt Chrome Appliance paint which, I think, gives a good, dull finish. All the rivet holes were drilled out to No33 drill for 6BA clearance and a visit to the web bought me a range of new 4 and 6BA screws, shakeproofs and nuts. The valveholders also had to be drilled out and here, I was most careful as the black bit which is visible is Bakelite so very brittle. Nevertheless, I managed to break the corner off one - it doesn't show!
One of the tagboards had a hole burnt in it. This was obviously due to a 0.5mfd screen decoupler going leaky and toasting the screen resistor. I decided to make a new one using the tags I had made for my 707 project (still very rusty). Please excuse the punching mistake at the left-hand end. I've just noticed that the heater wiring needs tidying up and unfortunately, the systoflex insulation on the harness going from the long tagboard to the control panel has split in places so I will have to replace the whole loom - I enjoy lacing.